Sunday, November 6, 2011

It's a beautiful Sunday....to make turkey?

Hey there!
Hope everyone remembered to set their clocks back an hour.  What a beautiful Sunday!  There is  a chill in the air, but the sun is out and shining bright.  That totally gets my creativity flowing.  Today I thought I'd give you a glimpse into my little creative corner.

Everything has its place...I got mad organizational skills!
I am currently assembling turkeys.  Yes.  Turkeys.  I am revisiting my paper piecing skills.  We are looking for a dimensional door sign for my office door.  Nothing like a burst of color to lighten things up at work.

In this picture you can see my under the sea mural and pictures of my favorite places I've visited. (in order from left to right)
1.  Sunset in San Diego (awesome trip with Betty)
2.  Golden Gate Bridge (awesome trip with Carol)
3. Church in New Orleans (threw a dart on the map and it landed in Louisiana.  So I went to the  Big Easy.  Yup. My travel plans are very well planned out..... :)  I like the total randomness of it all!  This was my first trip there.  I subsequently returned back on a different occasion for a conference.  I was truly blessed to have been able to enjoy the city pre-Katrina.

I heart my Sharpies!
Making the turkeys
There will be minimal drawing on this project.  Almost everything will be pieced together and layered for a dimensional effect.  Well, that's it for now.  Gonna go and make some more coffee and get back to work.  Thanks for stopping by!!!!
Peace and love,
Mary xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always want to hear what you have to say. It'll help me grow as an artist and challenge my creativity. Go ahead, show me some blog love and comment away!

Mary xoxo
www.happybunnysworld.blogspot.com