Sunday, July 24, 2011

Taking a moment...

Midori sode to Fuafua
A lot has happened this week.  There were enough highs and lows to champion the best rollercoaster you can find and enough for me to take a moment and reflect on just how blessed I am.

Over the course of this week, 3 of my patients whom I've come to know well over the last 3 years have closed there eyes and moved on.  Granted I knew that they have ongoing health concerns, but they were just going about their lives and I just saw them a week ago.  And then, one after the other they left.

My boxing suffered this week.  My heart just wasn't in it.  Neither was my trainer's.  He lost a close family friend that morning.  She was on her way to work and passed away from a heart attack she sustained after being hit by another car.

These are stark reminders of just how short life can be.  But in that same week, Richie turned 2, Carolyn and Tray celebrated their 6th anniversary, and I had the best Saturday with Claudette.  Furthermore, I have many, many wonderful things to look forward to. 

One of them being my artwork.  I never know what's coming next.  Midori sode translates to green sleeves.  She is symbolic of Spring, a new beginning (I threw in the duck for good measure).  Each day is a blessing and another opportunity to savor Life.

Say what you mean and mean what you say.  Love like you mean it and laugh from the heart.

Peace and love,
Mary xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always want to hear what you have to say. It'll help me grow as an artist and challenge my creativity. Go ahead, show me some blog love and comment away!

Mary xoxo
www.happybunnysworld.blogspot.com