Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Strolling in NYC


So, Uncle Sam gave me the day off from work on Monday in honor of Columbus Day. I had to spend my Sunday working, sheesh.  Anway, what's a girl to do on such a nice, sunny day?  I took the train into NYC and decided to stroll around the WTC memorial site.  Unbeknownst to me, you needed passes to get into the memorial.  So, I enjoyed a stroll in a nearby park instead.  I decided to try my hand at some photography.  I was inspired by a fellow blogger, Sam Rosenthal.  His photos are just fantastic.  Here are some of mine. Enjoy!
there was a fountain

a lot of people running and biking...

cool architecture...

and more cool architecture...

nice breeze blowing from the Hudson...

a stone bench to sit and chill...

and cool sculptures





1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous pics, Mary. My husband is an iron worker who is actually starting a job at the site of the WTC today! We live in Massachusetts, so he'll be staying in NYC during the week and coming home on weekends. I hope to schedule a NYC trip this Fall while he's there, though.

    ReplyDelete

I always want to hear what you have to say. It'll help me grow as an artist and challenge my creativity. Go ahead, show me some blog love and comment away!

Mary xoxo
www.happybunnysworld.blogspot.com